quarta-feira, setembro 29, 2010

Fragmentário de Miss Dickinson

"I dwell in Possibility -
A fairer House than Prose -

More numerous of Windows -

Superior - for Doors -"


"I lost a World - the other day!

Has Anybody found?

You'll know it by the Row of Stars

Around its forehead bound."


"It was given to me by the Gods -

When I was a little Girl -
They give us Presents most - you know -

When you are new - and small."



"Parting is all we know of heaven,
And all we need of hell."


"Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeeded.

To comprehend a nectar

Requires sorest need."


"That Love is all there is,

Is all we know of Love;"


"The Grass so little has to do -

A Sphere of simple Green -
With only Butterflies to brood

And Bees to entertain -"



"The Soul selects her own Society -

Then - shuts the Door -

To her divine Majority -

Present no more -"



"Why - do they shut Me out of Heaven?

Did I sing - too loud?"

Sem comentários: